UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2682
    Likes / Dislikes
    Hamas crimes against children.

The son of a co-founder of Hamas blasted the terror organization in a blistering half-hour speech at the United Nations on Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOEJumoABg

2. Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk      Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
    Likes / Dislikes
    Israeli crimes against children.

‘Middle East latest: Six children killed in Israeli airstrike in Rafah, hospital’
    https://news.sky.com/story/middle-ea...ttack-12978800

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

The son of a co-founder of Hamas blasted the terror organization in a blistering half-hour speech at the United Nations on Monday.

Wow. Why are the media not talking about that speech?

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post

The speech was actually 5 mpnths ago.

His name is Mosab Hassan Yousef. Now an American.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosa...tian%20tourist.

Thanks for sharing that, Hamble.

6. Likes Hamble liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by donkey22 View Post
    Israeli crimes against children.

‘Middle East latest: Six children killed in Israeli airstrike in Rafah, hospital’
    https://news.sky.com/story/middle-ea...ttack-12978800
    Beg Hamas and PIJ to surrender and release the Israeli hostages.
    End this madness of killing on both sides.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    Wow. Why are the media not talking about that speech?
    I hope and believe his testament will be cricial in how Palestine is run and funded 'the day after'.
    It cannot be allowed to go on.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector View Post
    The speech was actually 5 mpnths ago.

His name is Mosab Hassan Yousef. Now an American.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosa...tian%20tourist.

Thanks for sharing that, Hamble.
    Thank you- I should have made that clear.

Perhaps it explains why despite the differences and fall outs the allies know that only Israel is in a position to remove Hamas's infleunce and cruelty on Israeli's and Palestinian people.

Likes / Dislikes

Name:  TheAtlantic.png
Views: 0
Size:  2.3 KB

How the Six-Day War Transformed Religion
    Six perspectives on how the 1967 Arab-Israeli conflict changed Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and Mormonism
    — Sigal Samuel | June 5, 2017

The Crisis of Arab Nationalism and the Rise of Islamism
    Hussein Ibish, senior resident scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute

One of the principal but often underappreciated effects of the 1967 Arab-Israeli war was its role in setting the stage for the rise of political Islam in the Arab world—including the terrorist extremism that now plagues the region and the globe.

The war was a devastating blow to the credibility of Arab nationalism (particularly as defined by Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser), which presented itself as secular and progressive. The speed and scope of the Arab debacle in 1967 knocked the legs out from under the profoundly exaggerated claims of Arab nationalism to be leading the region into a new and brighter future.

By the late 1960s, the social and economic failure of these systems, and their repressive nature, were already readily apparent. Egypt, Syria, and Iraq, which all gained independence in the 1940s with relatively robust civil societies and promising economies, were being profoundly mismanaged and intellectually suffocated by these narrow regimes. Underneath dreams of resurgence and glory lay clear patterns of atrophy and decay. But the militarism of Arab nationalism, particularly in Egypt, with its strident anti-Western and anti-Israeli rhetoric, conjured a beguiling mirage that obscured grim realities for large majorities who were cajoled into a collective denial.

The 1967 war called this bluff completely. Most Arabs had been beyond confident in victory, yet the defeat was virtually instantaneous and total. In the aftermath, the political credibility of this version of Arab nationalism was mortally wounded, and its long-term viability was as effectively destroyed as the Egyptian Air Force had been by Israel’s surprise early morning attack on June 5.

As the Lebanese scholar Fawaz Gerges has pointed out, the rise of Islamism as a political force was neither an immediate nor an inevitable consequence of the crisis of Arab nationalism resulting from the 1967 war. Many other factors fed into the rise of an ultraconservative, reactionary, and revolutionary (in the Leninist sense) Islamist movement, its radicalization in the 1970s and 1980s, and its proliferation—including in the form of violent transnational terrorist movements like al-Qaeda and ISIS—since the late 1990s.

Things could have turned out differently. Secular Arab nationalism could have been revived, especially in a strikingly different form. Islamism could have developed differently, or thrived to the point of becoming the ideology of ruling factions in much of the Arab world (now only really the case in Gaza).

So, the connection between the 1967 fiasco and the rise of ultraconservative Islam and political Islamism is both direct, insofar as nothing did more to discredit its primary ideological antagonists (secularism and nationalism), and indirect, insofar as innumerable other factors and contingencies shaped our present realities. But it’s worth noting that these two supposedly polar opposites continue to share an underlying framework of political attitudes that remain hegemonic among Islamists and Arab nationalists alike.

Last edited by sandGroundZero; 20/04/2024 at 06:56 PM.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post

Name:  TheAtlantic.png
Size:  2.3 KB

How the Six-Day War Transformed Religion
    Six perspectives on how the 1967 Arab-Israeli conflict changed Islam, Judaism, Christianity, and Mormonism
    — Sigal Samuel | June 5, 2017

[INDENT]The Crisis of Arab Nationalism and the Rise of Islamism
    Hussein Ibish, senior resident scholar at the Arab Gulf States Institute[/
    Zero good lunchtime

I really don’t understand what the point of your copy-paste is. Please explain

Likes / Dislikes

reference post #2619

Some posts imply (or assert) that Israel is the front line in a straightforward struggle between Western enlightenment values and dark forces of militant Islam. That is a narrow perspective. Insofar as it embodies Zionist ideology, Israel has begotten the forces ranged against it through its uncompromising stance.

Zionism as a particular manifestation of European imperialism, is not an inert and inconsequential detail of history. It prompted reaction. Zionism displaced and affronted a population whose entitlement it ignored. Mass immigration of European Jews into Palestine created resentment and hostility. 19th and early 20th century European imperial intrusions into the politics of of the rest of the world did not happen in a vacuum. So, we must consider how these incursions induce reactions!

The Crisis of Arab Nationalism and the Rise of Islamism [extracted from the article cited] points, plausibly, to the likelihood that far from defending 'the West's ideals from radical Islamism, Israel's actions have undercut that idealism with the result that it has induced antipathetic forces.

Likes / Dislikes
    How Hamas has used the internet push its barbaric ideology.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/hama...EzNDgwLjAuMC4w

14. Likes Styx liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by sandGroundZero View Post
    [table="width: 500, align: center"][tr][td]

Some posts imply (or assert) that Israel is the front line in a straightforward struggle between Western enlightenment values and dark forces of militant Islam. That is a narrow perspective. Insofar as it embodies Zionist ideology, Israel has begotten the forces ranged against it through its uncompromising stance.
    Dear Zero
    I wish I could be as naive as you portray yourself. Maybe at my age it’s a good thing.
    But, and that’s a very very big BUT. I have children and grandchildren who are still growing up into adults.
    What does their future hold for them, whether it’s Christian or Jewish.
    Take a look at Paris, Marseilles and Sweden.
    I have seen, and witnessed things in my life, that only are written in books.
    Seeing all these changes, happening so swiftly is to me, will be the end of my beautiful Britain.

Today I was shown a video of a market day in Bradford . Nothing like St John’s market used to be.

What has upset me, is the ignorance of so many young people, who use these demonstrations for letting off steam, peer pressure. 90% have no idea what’s going on in the Middle East. To me that’s unbelievably.

Do you honestly believe that I don’t feel pity for the way that the Palestinians have been cheated by their government, HAMAS.
    Do you really believe that I’m a follower of this recent government, who have neglected the people whom they are supposed to be protecting.

I can’t believe that the world will succumb to a different way of life, it’s all a matter of time that the world will be one religion. Laugh as you may.

Local recently remarked that it’s happening already.
    My family live in London and believe me they can’t go into central town anymore.

You may say to yourself it will never happen in the UK.
    Obviously at my age I won’t be around, but I can assure you my words are written on stone and not ice.

In the meantime, what about helping to get the few of those Israeli hostages who are left. Possibly 20 of the 136 which were held hostage. Most of them have been murdered.
    Those young girls 17 of them are raped, tortured and psychology brain washed. God help them, they are probably better off dead.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by shippy View Post
    Dear Zero
    I wish I could be as naive as you portray yourself. Maybe at my age it’s a good thing.
    But, and that’s a very very big BUT. I have children and grandchildren who are still growing up into adults.
    What does their future hold for them, whether it’s Christian or Jewish.
    Take a look at Paris, Marseilles and Sweden.
    I have seen, and witnessed things in my life, that only are written in books.
    Seeing all these changes, happening so swiftly is to me, will be the end of my beautiful Britain.

Today I was shown a video of a market day in Bradford . Nothing like St John’s market used to be.

What has upset me, is the ignorance of so many young people, who use these demonstrations for letting off steam, peer pressure. 90% have no idea what’s going on in the Middle East. To me that’s unbelievably.

Do you honestly believe that I don’t feel pity for the way that the Palestinians have been cheated by their government, HAMAS.
    Do you really believe that I’m a follower of this recent government, who have neglected the people whom they are supposed to be protecting.

I can’t believe that the world will succumb to a different way of life, it’s all a matter of time that the world will be one religion. Laugh as you may.

My family live in London and believe me they can’t go into central town anymore.

Obviously at my age I won’t be around, but I can assure you my words are written on stone and not ice.

In the meantime, what about helping to get the few of those Israeli hostages who are left. Possibly 20 of the 136 which were held hostage. Most of them have been murdered.
    Those young girls 17 of them are raped, tortured and psychology brain washed. God help them, they are probably better off dead.
    All pretty depressing news.

Erdogan is showing his true colours.
    I don't know how Turkey could even be considered in joining the EU.
    One of the reasons I voted Leave.

Likes / Dislikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Dear Zero I wish I could be as naive as you portray yourself. Maybe at my age it’s a good thing.

shippy, now I'm at a bit of a loss. You have employed Reply With Quote recalling some of my previous post; but why? Your response is oblique, at best. From one elderly to another we perceive the world changing, but our perceptions are not free from distortion.

Bradford like many UK, European and (a few) American cities has a significant Muslim presence. And it is true that occasional acts of violence are linked to perpetrators' grievances about Islam being disrespected by Western governments and/or populace. All that said, your (apparent) fears are our of proportion. At the same time though, it is helpful to recognize how our countries' pasts have given rise to the present we observe!

I anticipate your grandchildren will have other, more pressing concerns. In the meantime, Israel has not upheld 'Western', liberal values vis-à-vis the Arab populations displaced in the name of Zionist ideology. It is self-serving to suppose young demonstrators "have no idea what’s going on in the Middle East."

Finally, you do your posts or yourself no favours lining up with Name:  local.png
Size:  1.8 KB .

18. Likes The PNP liked this post
    Likes / Dislikes

Name:  theguardian?.png
Size:  4.8 KB

Palestinian territories
    Settler violence against Palestinians
    in the West Bank – visualized

International attention is on Gaza – but attacks by Israelis who live on Palestinian land have been increasing

Attacks by settlersin the West Bank jumped in October. Illustration: Mona Chalabi/The Guardian

While international attention has been turned toward Gaza, violence against Palestinians has increased in the West Bank too. Israeli settler attacks have become more frequent.

Settlers are Israeli citizens who live on Palestinian land. In most cases, this happens because Palestinians are prevented from accessing their land and are physically attacked by settlers. In a third of cases, Palestinian property is damaged by settlers. These findings come from a UN report published in September 2023 that showed a years-long rise in settler violence against Palestinians. Because of these numbers, the UN has noted that “settler-driven displacement did not start with Hamas’s deadly attack”.

Mona Chalabi | Mon 22 April 2024
    © 2024 Guardian News & Media Limited

FirstFirst ... ... LastLast
Custom Search

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK /
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in UK
Replacement Stove Glass in UK
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
UKUK News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)
UK MasksUK Face MasksUK KN95 MasksUK Disposable MasksUK Hand SanitiserUK Hand SanitizerUK PPEUK Bathroom SuppliesUK Cheap BathroomsUK Discount BathroomsUK Bathroom SalesUK Bathroom SuitesUK Bathroom TapsUK Basin TapsUK Bath TapsUK Kitchen TapsUK Free Standing Bath TapsUK Bath Mixer TapUK Bidet TapsUK Shower EnclosuresUK Bi Fold Shower DoorsUK Corner ShowersUK Pivot Shower DoorsUK Sliding Shower DoorsUK Shower Side PanelsUK Quadrant ShowersUK Shower TraysUK Wet-RoomsUK Bathroom ShowersUK Showers ValvesUK Showers RailsUK Showers HeadsUK Showers ArmsUK Showers HandsetsUK Showers JetsUK Showers ElbowsUK Toilet SeatsUK ToiletsUK BasinsUK Basin WastesUK Combined Toilet BasinUK Bathroom FurnitureUK BathsUK L Shaped BathUK P Shaped BathUK Bath ScreensUK SanitarywareUK Combined Toilet BasinUK StovesUK Wood StovesUK Home StovesUK Cooker StovesUK Enamel StovesUK Designer StovesUK Contemporary StovesUK Multi Fuel StovesUK Car ServicingUK MOTgUK TyresUK Car BatteryUK ExhaustUK Journalist JobsUK Reporter JobsUK Writing JobsUK Freelance WriterUK Self Employed JobsUK Franchise BusinessUK Franchise OpportunitiesUK Car InsuranceUK Cheap Car InsuranceUK Car Insurance BrokersUK Driving SchoolsUK Driving LessonsUK Driving TestUK Driving Theory TestUK Driving Instruction, 0000 UK Driving Instructor, 0000 UK VouchersUK DealsUK MatalanUK Railway SleepersUK Reclaimed SleepersUK New SleepersUK CoalUK House CoalUK Household CoalUK Smokeless CoalUK Smokeless FuelUK Coal BagsUK FirewoodUK Fire WoodUK Kiln Dried HardwoodUK Kiln Dried LogsUK Logs For SaleUK Log SuppliesUK LogsUK Firewood LogsUK Seasoned LogsUK Hardwood LogsUK Firewood SuppliersUK Firewood Log SuppliersUK Firewood Dumpy BagsUK Firewood CratesUK Cheap FirewoodUK Homefire LogsUK Cheap Firewood LogsUK Kindle ConesUK Pizza Oven LogsUK Heating OilUK Home Heating OilUK Red DieselUK White DieselUK KereseneUK Commercial FuelsUK Calor GasUK Propane GasUK Butane GasUK Heating GasUK Horse TrainingUK Horse TrainerUK Horse WhispererUK Equine WhispererUK Horse Whisperer Victoria SmithUK Rattan Garden FurnitureUK Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan SofaUK Rattan Dining SetUK Rattan DirectUK Cheap Rattan FurnitureUK Rattan Corner SofasUK Rattan Day BedsUK Rattan Sun LoungersUK Rattan Cube SetsUK Rattan Bistro SetsUK ChimeneasUK FirepitsUK Patio HeatersUK Hygiene VendingUK Washroom VendingUK Air FreshenersUK Air CareUK Aerosol SystemsUK Gel SystemsUK Water SavingUK Urinal Water SavingUK Eco CapsUK SensaflushUK Water ManagementUK Urinal DosingUK Urinal V ScreensUK Legionella Risk AssessmentUK Legionella Risk TestingUK Legionaires Risk AssessmentUK Legionella BacteriaUK Legionaires BacteriaUK Legionella ComplianceUK Legionella AdviceUK Legionella Landlords AdviceUK Legionella TestingUK Legionella CheckUK Legionella RegulationsUK Legionella Risk Assessment For LandlordsUK Legionella Water TestingUK Legionella QuoteUK Fire Stove GlassUK Heat Resistant GlassUK Fire GlassUK Stove GlassUK Fire Resistant GlassUK Replacement Stove GlassUK Glass For StovesUK Dust MatsUK Entrance MatsUK Reception MatsUK Anti Fatigue MatsUK Floor MatsUK Logo MatsUK London Washroom ServicesUK London Sanitary BinsUK London Shredding ServicesUK London Trade Waste DisposalUK London Legionella TestingUK London Clinical WasteUK Washroom ServicesUK Principal WashroomsUK Washrooms SuppliesUK Washrooms SolutionsUK Sanitary DisposalUK Sanitary BinsUK Sani BinsUK Lady BinsUK Feminine Hygiene UnitsUK Sanitary Waste DisposalUK Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Waste BinUK Sanitary Waste BinsUK Sanitary UnitsUK Feminine UnitsUK Hygiene ServicesUK Sanitary Bin SupplierUK Sanitary Bin RentalUK Sanitary Bin Rental ServicesUK Sanitary BinUK SanitarybinUK Feminine Hygiene BinsUK Female Santary BinUK Sani binUK Sani binsUK Sanibin RentalUK Sanitary BoxUK Sanitary BoxesUK Sanitary Bin QuoteUK Sanitary Bin PriceUK Sanitary Bin CostUK Sanitary Disposal QuoteUK Sanitary Disposal PriceUK Sanitary Disposal CostUK Free Duty of CareUK Tampon BinUK Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Tampon BinUK Sanitary Tampon BinsUK Sanitary Towel BinUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Feminine WasteUK Feminine Hygiene WasteUK Sanitary Waste RegulationsUK Sanitary Waste LawUK Sanitary Bins LawUK Sanitary Bins For Small BusinessUK Sanitary Bin Service CostUK Sanitary Bin Collection CostUK Disposal of Sanitary WasteUK Sanitary Towel BinsUK Sanitary Towel DisposalUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK General WasteUK Trade WasteUK Commercial WasteUK Business WasteUK Waste ManagementUK Waste CollectionUK Cardboard WasteUK Paper WasteUK Plastic WasteUK Glass WasteUK Biomass WasteUK Metal WasteUK Paper ShreddingUK Local ShreddingUK Secure ShreddingUK Confidential ShreddingUK Document DestructionUK Confidential WasteUK Confidential Waste ServiceUK Confidential Waste ServicesUK Confidential Waste ShreddingUK Confidential Waste DisposalUK Confidential Waste DestructionUK On Site ShreddingUK Off Site ShreddingUK One Off ShreddingUK Contract ShreddingUK GDPR ShreddingUK ShreddingUK Document ShreddingUK Shredding ServicesUK Mobile ShreddingUK Dental WasteUK Dental Waste DisposalUK Dental Waste LegislationUK Dental Waste ComplianceUK Accupuncture WasteUK Accupuncture Waste DisposalUK Accupuncture Waste CollectionAccupuncture Waste in UKAccupuncture Waste Disposal in UKAccupuncture Waste Collection in UKUK Acupuncture WasteUK Acupuncture Waste DisposalUK Acupuncture Waste CollectionUK Acupuncture Waste ServiceUK Acupuncture Clinical WasteUK Acupuncture SharpsUK Acupuncture NeedlesUK Beauty Salon Clincical WasteUK Beauty Salon MicrobladingUK Beauty Salon NeedlesUK Beauty Salon SharpsUK Tattoo WasteUK Tattoo Waste DisposalTattoo Waste in UKTattoo Waste Disposal in UKTattoo Waste Collection in UKTattoo Waste Compliance in UKTattoo Waste Services in UKTattoo Clinical Waste in UKTattoo Sharps in UKTattoo Needles in UKUK Sharps BinUK Sharps BinsUK Sharps CollectionUK Sharps DisposalUK Hazardous SharpsUK Non Hazardous SharpsUK Cytotoxic SharpsUK Cytostatic SharpsUK Ink BlockUK Wet_WasteUK Tattoo InkUK Drug DestructionUK Drug DisposalUK Drug DenaturingUK Unwanted DrugsUK Out Of Date DrugsUK Pest ControlUK Rodent ControlUK Bird ControlUK Bird ProofingUK Guano ControlUK Pest Call OutUK Pest PreventionUK Pest DeterrentUK Nursery WasteUK Nappy WasteUK Nappy BinUK Nappy BinsUK Nappy DisposalUK Nappy Wheelie BinUK Nursery Waste DisposalUK Nursery Waste CollectionUK Nappy Waste RegulationsUK Commercial Nappy WasteUK Nappy Disposal BinUK Nappy Waste CollectionUK Incontinence PadsUK Offensive WasteUK Human WasteUK Nursing Home WasteUK Care Home WasteUK Hazardous WasteUK Infectous WasteUK Pharmaceutical WasteUK Medicinal WasteUK Medicine WasteUK Infection ControlUK Hand SanitisersUK Clinical WasteUK Clinical Waste RemovalUK Clinical Waste CollectionUK Clinical Waste RegulationsUK Clinical Waste DisposalUK Clinical Waste ManagementUK Clinical Waste PolicyUK EA RegistrationSell my scrap van in UKWashroom Services in TarletonSanitary bins quoteGarden Services in SouthportGarden Services in OrmskirkGarden Services in FormybGarden Services in TarletonUK Path GravelUK Path GravelsUK GravelUK GravelsUK Garden Path GravelUK Decorative GravelsUK Cotswold GravelUK Bulk AggregatesUK Mass AggregatesUK Aggregates SuppliersUK Aggregate SuppliersUK Bulk Bags AggregatesUK Bulk BagsUK Mot Type 1UK Mot Type 2UK Top SoilUK Building SandUK Grit SandUK Fine SandUK Play SandUK Top Dressing SandUK Silica SandUK Mersey SandUK Kiln Dried SandUK Plastering SandUK Crusher RunUK DustUK BallestUK HardcoreUK GritUK Horticultural GritUK Alpine GritUK LimestoneUK GraniteUK Cotswold ChippingsUK Golden FlintUK MoonstoneUK Pea GravelUK Cheshire PinkUK Yorkshire CreamUK Derbyshire Peak StoneUK Green BallastUK Autumn GoldUK Pink GravelUK Blue SlateUK Plum SlateUK Grey SlateUK Welsh SlateUK Play BarkUK Chip BarkUK Christmas TreesUK Xmas TreesUK Artificial TreeUK Christmas Decorations